New York City
Fashion Inspiration for All
1. How did you get started in the fashion industry?
I have always been inspired by fashion, was excited to live in New York City and attend New York Fashion Week; however to my surprise there were no Fashion Shows available that I could attend. New York Fashion Week is for industry & invite only. I wondered if I am the end consumer who is buying the clothes should not I be allowed to be part of fashion week? That’s when this concept grew within me and as a result New York Fashion Shows (NYFS) concept came to light.
We believe that fashion is for everyone and we are opening doors to the fashion world for all those who are inspired by fashion and want to be a part of a live Fashion Show.
2. What is the fashion show about and what are your goals for it?
New York City is the epicenter of Theater, Music and Fashion. In the city that never sleeps one can enjoy live Music, Broadway Shows for live theatre but there are no live Fashion Shows for fashion lovers. Our goal is to provide access to live Fashion Shows and Fashion Week experience to everyone year round.
3. Who is the fashion show geared to, entertainment, buyers or charity?
Our Fashion Shows are geared towards everyone who enjoys fashion. We invite fashion
enthusiasts, celebrities & buyers. In addition, our Fashion Shows are for people who are inspired by fashion and want to be experience fashion in the moment by attending a live Fashion Show.
4. What designers do you have lined up for the next show?
We are waiting to release the information closer to the shows and, it will be announced on our website. It will be a big surprise to all of our fans and future audience!!!
Tickets are currently available for purchase on our website at
http://www.newyorkfashionshows.net for the 2013 Summer Fashion Shows & September 2013, Fashion Week.
5. How do you find your designers, stylists and makeup artist?
In addition to our talented in house designers, New York Fashion Shows collaborates with both established & upcoming designers make-up artists and stylists from the fashion industry. Each Fashion Show will showcase a new set of designers, ensuring that every New York Fashion Shows’ production is one of a kind. For a list of designers and make up & hair sponsors for each Fashion Show, prefer to our website.
6. Will the Fashion Show continue to be monthly or will be quarterly or yearly?
Starting May 18, 2013 our Summer Fashion Shows will kick off 3 times a month followed by September 2013 Fashion Week.
7. Will the fashion show just be based in NYC? Or are there plans to take it to different cites?
Currently our base is in New York City, however we plan to expand to LA, Vegas, London and Paris!!
8. What are some of your plans for the future?
Our future target is to have Fashion Shows every Saturday throughout the year in Manhattan. Fashion Shows schedule and we look forward to seeing you at our upcoming Fashion Shows!!
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
“Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know it so it goes on flying anyway.” Mary Kay Ash Mandisa Duperval is a Celebrity Makeup Artist and the founder of Sweet Dreams Makeup. Sweet Dreams Makeup is a network of makeup artists who uphold a certain code of conduct, for all their clients. Mandisa'a work has appeared in magazines, company campaigns, commercials, various fashion shows, and has work with a number of high profile clients such as Tara Wallace (Love & Hip Hop), Lori Ann Marchese (Ms Connecticut, America 2013) Celebrity Blogger Diva Madonna, and Renee Bhagwandeen (Miss Trinidad and Tobago, World 2012/ America’s Next Top Model season 20). Sweet Dreams Makeup clients includes individuals, fashion shows, wedding parties, film productions, and alike. Hard work is no stranger to Mandisa. She maintained a Bachelor’s Degree from the University of Bridgeport in 2009 with a double degree in Psychology and Human Services. The following year after she graduated she made a decision to never have to work for anyone ever again. She quit her job as a teacher’s aide and followed her entrepreneurial spirit and blossomed in the cosmetic industry. She soon found that her true love was making women feel beautiful, whether it was a follow up call or a photo shoot.