60 Of The Best Father Daughter Dance Songs To Make Your Wedding Memorable
Father-daughter dance songs are a timeless tradition at weddings. The dance captures the love between a daughter and her father, the special bond that they have shared for years. The daughter is leaving her father to start her a new life with her husband and the father is losing his baby girl. There are many emotions to process in those few moments. You want to be sure to capture them perfect in a meaningful song.
If your father is no longer in your life for whatever reason, you can share the father-daughter dance with another male that has played a big part in your life. Many special songs could fit these relationships as well. This could be a male cousin, a brother, an uncle, grandfather or even your best male friend. All that matters is that you are sharing that one moment with the man in your life who means the most to you, other than your husband
From sappy ballads that will have everyone in tears to funny songs, there are plenty of songs that you can choose for your special father-daughter dance song. We have put together a list of some of the most popular, as well as some of the unique father-daughter dance songs. Break out your iPad or iTunes and crank up the volume while you listen to some of the most meaningful songs that will describe your love for your father (or father figure).
60 Awesome Father Daughter Dance Songs
Take a listen to these 60 Father Daughter dance tunes. From emotional ballads from Frank Sinatra to pop hits from superstars like Beyonce and Adele, we’ve got you covered! Here are some of the best father-daughter dance songs of all time!
Ballads as Father-Daughter Wedding Dance Songs
No matter how you slice it, standard ballads are still one of the most popular songs for father-daughter dances. If you want to bring a tear to everyone’s eye, you can choose one of these moving ballads. From Frank Sinatra to Stevie Wonder to James Taylor, we have included some of the most powerful ballads of all time!
- James Taylor: How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved By You)
- Nat King Cole: Unforgettable
- Billy Joel: Lullabye (Goodnight, My Angel)
- Kenny Rogers: Through The Years
- Stevie Wonder: Isn’t She Lovely
- Ella Fitzgerald: They Can’t Take That Away From Me
- Frank Sinatra: The Way You Look Tonight
- Ben E King: Stand By Me
- Frank Sinatra; Come Fly With Me
- Louis Armstrong: What A Wonderful World
- Phil Collins: You’ll Be In My Heart
- Luther Vandross: Dance With My Father
- Joe Cocker: You Are So Beautiful
- Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell: Ain’t No Mountain High Enough
- Beach Boys: God Only Knows
- Alphaville: Forever Young
- Paul Simon: Father And Daughter
- Jim Croce: Time In A Bottle
- James Taylor: You’ve Got A Friend
- Israel Kamakawiwo’ole: Over the Rainbow
Is your father a die hard classic rock fan? Then you can’t go wrong with one of these rock and roll ballads for father-daughter dance songs! Show them that you and your dad can rock and roll with the best of them with these classic rock hits that will everyone tapping their toes!
- Led Zeppelin: Thank You
- Bruce Springsteen: When You Need Me
- Bob Dylan: To Make You Feel My Love
- Tom Petty: Wildflowers
- Van Morrison: Brown Eyed Girl
- The Pretenders: I’ll Stand By You
- The Temptations: My Girl
- Van Morrison: Tupelo Honey
- Neil Young: Long May You Run
- Eric Clapton: Wonderful Tonight
- Bob Seger: Old Time Rock & Roll
- Fleetwood Mac: Landslide
- Wilco: My Darling
- The Byrds: Turn, Turn, Turn
- Tom Petty: Here Comes My Girl
If you happen to love country music, but don’t want to go with a sappy older country classic, or something that sounds too hokey, check out one of these modern country hits!
- Lee Ann Womack: I Hope You Dance
- The Judds: Love Can Build A Bridge
- Rascal Flatts: My Wish
- Blake Shelton: God Gave Me You
- Tim McGraw: My Little Girl
- Lady Antebellum: Never Alone
- Kenny Chesney: There Goes My Life
- Faith Hill: There You’ll Be
- Carrie Underwood: All American Girl
- Dixie Chicks: Lullaby
Cute Pop Songs
If you want to choose from some of the top wedding dance songs for your father daughter dance, check out these pop hits!
- Beyonce: Daddy
- 1000 Maniacs: How You’ve Grown
- Meghan Trainor: Dance Like Yo Daddy
- Sweet Child O Mine: Sheryl Crow
- Adele: Make You Feel My Love
- John Mayer: Daughters
- Ben Folds: Gracie
- Taylor Swift: The Best Day
- Cyndi Lauper: Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
- Heartland: I Loved Her First
- Queen: You’re My Best Friend
- Bonnie Tyler: Holding Out For A Hero
- Mariah Carey: Hero
- Abba: Dancing Queen
- Five For Fighting: 100 Years
You can’t go wrong if you choose one of these popular father-daughter dance songs!
We hope these father-daughter dance songs have helped you narrow down your choice! Take a listen and find the song that really speaks to you! Remember, this is a moment you want to reflect back upon year after year so you want to select the perfect song to express how you feel about your father. Whether you want an emotional song, or an upbeat, fun song, you want to make memories that will last a lifetime. Looking for more inspiration? Find more best father-daughter dance songs on www.weddingforward.com. Also, exists for your inspiration.