Considerations When Entering an NSA Relationship
When it comes to relationships these days, things can get quite complicated because people have their own ideas of what forms a great relationship. Some people are looking for long term commitment and marriage from a single person. However, there are others that want something that is far more free and without this commitment.
NSA, or No Strings Attached, relationships are fun and convenient for many people. You basically get to enjoy the intimacy of a relationship but without the commitment of having a partner as such. However, you need to make sure that you consider the risks before you enter into this type of relationship, as it is not suited to everyone.
Risks that you need to consider
There are a number of factors and risks that you should take into consideration if you are thinking about entering into a relationship such as this. Some of the main ones to think about include:
- What if you develop emotional attachment? In some cases, you may feel that you are happy to be in this type of relationship but you may then develop emotional attachment that is not reciprocated by the other party. You need to have pretty thick skin in order to cope with rejection if this does happen, as the other person may still want an NSA relationship while you may want to move forward to an exclusive relationship.
- Self worth: Another thing you need to think about is whether this is something that will affect your self esteem and self worth. Some people enter into these relationships without thinking about how it will affect their own emotions and some then realize that it does make them feel as though they cannot justify the intimacy with someone that they don’t love.
- The issue of STDs: Another very important point that you have to consider is the risk of contracting sexually transmitted diseases when you are in these types of relationships. You have to remember that the people that you are hooking up with are most likely also hooking up with others so you need to be very careful about this.
- Difficulties forming long term relationships: There are some people that find it difficult to form a long term relationship with a partner in the future after being involved in NSA relationships. If you want to consider having a family and a long term partner in the future, this is something else that you need to think about before you take the plunge.
- Your reputation: One more thing that you need to consider is how this will affect your reputation. If people find out about this, it could affect your career as well as relationships with friends and family members who are opposed to this type of dating or relationship.
So, before you make your decision, make sure you take time to consider both the pros and cons of entering into an NSA relationship. You can then decide whether or not this is something for you.