Choosing A Real Estate Agent
One of the most important decisions when you buy a new home is selecting a real estate agency to work with. From selecting a lot, to setting contracts, you want your real estate agent to be experienced and efficient.
Choosing the Right Real Estate Agency
We offer some suggestions to help you choose the right real estate agency or are looking at homes for sale. The following suggestions we consider to be the most important:
- Ability to meet the homebuyers needs
- Agency history and experience in the area
- First impression and synopsis of reviews
Real Estate Tips
You can get a good gauge if an agency is right for you if you consider these tips.
Make sure the real estate agency:
- Specializes in the type of real estate you are looking for
When a real estate agency specializes in a certain area – like luxury home or lakefront homes, you know they experts in the field. You want to work with a real estate agency that specializes in whatever type of home you are looking for like golf community, townhomes, or farms.
- Has real estate experience
When you work with a local real estate agency, you can be certain they know the area. Experience is extremely important when selecting a custom home builder. You want to work a company that knows the ins and outs of buying a house.
- Acquired Excellent Online Reviews
Consider checking online reviews on Facebook and Google from past clients. A company’s online review history can provide great insight and overall reputation.
- Gives A Great First Impression
We all know that first impressions last. When you first communicate with a real estate agency, consider if you feel pressured or informed. If you feel comfortable and the company is inviting, good chances are they will be a pleasure to work with.
When selecting an agency to work with, it is in your best interest to talk with agents’ recent clients. You should also check for license and disciplinary actions. Ask about professional awards to make sure you select an agent with the right credentials. You want to find out how experienced an agent is, especially in the local market you are looking to buy or sell in.
Red Flags to Watch for When Picking a Real Estate Agent
- The agent suggests the highest price for your house. If you’re selling your house, get listing presentations from at least three agents, ao you can compare. Pricing a home too high from the start often takes longer to sell and ultimately sells for less.
- The agent does real estate part time. Whether you’re a buyer or seller, you want to choose an agent who is actively following the market every day and has full time experience.
- The agent doesn’t usually deal with your type of property. Find an agent who specializes in your property type – whether lakefront, condo, or luxury home. You want an agent experienced in your type of property.
Contact A Real Estate Agent
By following the four tips above, you should be confident selecting a real estate agency to work with.