Choose A Sensational Dress and Stand Out At Prom
Figuring out how to pick the perfect homecoming dress to help you stand out can be pretty scary. There’s no doubt you want to look and feel fabulous for the biggest event on the school calendar. So let’s take a look at how you can look amazing for prom.
- Where Can You Get Ideas for Dresses?
Take cues from magazines, the red carpet and the latest trends at the Prom Dress Shop online store. Try on as many dresses as you like until you find your idea of the perfect dress.
- Which Length Is Best?
It’s no longer about traditional, floor-length ball gowns. Today, there are so many options for prom dresses. Just below the knee, short and long all work well. The main thing is what will look best on you and what makes you feel incredible. If you do want a short dress, detail is important in order to keep it worthy of prom. Think ruffles, sequins, bows and lace.
- Picking the Perfect Dress
There are a few simple rules to remember:
- Fuller figured girls should try a shorter hem and empire waist that will give you a leaner silhouette.
- Pear shape or hour glass figures with small waists and fuller busts and hips look great in most styles. Strapless dresses and those with shorter hems and cinched waists are particularly flattering.
- Triangle figures that are heavier on the bottom and small on top look beautiful in longer bodices and full skirts that camouflage the hip area. Cap sleeves also create a more balanced look.
- Inverted triangles that are fuller on top should look for dresses that have simple necklines and no ruching, ruffles or bows.
- Slender figures that lack curves can create illusion with A-line dresses and bubble hems. Look for dresses that have detail on top or play up other attributes with a long ball gown.
You can visit the Google Plus page of Prom Dress Shop to find out the latest dresses in their collection. You’ll get good prom dress ideas when you check out their page.
- How to Minimize Bumps and Bulges
There are some serious miracle worker options out there that will help minimize some assets, or create a smoother look. Look for shape wear like thigh slimmers and waist cinchers. Lingerie and department stores have an array of styles to suit whatever dress you’re going to be wearing.
- Do You Need a Big Budget to Look Beautiful?
You don’t have to spend a fortune to look sensation on prom night. Start looking for your dream dress early or look for last season’s marked down options that you could alter.
- What about Accessories?
Accessories can also help you stand out on prom. You could add hair extensions for a completely different look. Rhinestone hair clips, braided headbands, metallic heels and beaded clutch purses are all hot additions to your overall outfit.
If you’re unsure of what kind of dress will help you stand out on prom night, take friends or family members along with you to help you decide. They will be better able to see the dress from all angles and can give you an honest opinion on which dress best suites you.