Cars are like any other machine. They need regular maintenance, and from time to time, they can develop problems that need to be fixed. If you are a vehicle owner, you probably would have needed car repair services at one point or another. However, car service centers are known for being unscrupulous, which is why it is essential that you take your time selecting the right mechanic for the job.
What to look for in a good car repair shop?
The things that one must look out for while selecting a good care repair shops are:
- The car repair workshop should have experienced mechanics that can repair engines of various types of cars.
- The workshop should have been there for some time, it’s better if its referred by some reliable person.
- It should have been registered.
- It should be affordable and should provide cost effective services. And should provide for good customer feedback.
- It should have Pick and drop facility for the vehicles.
- It is always better if you can choose a repair workshop that can offer all kinds of services under one roof, such as body denting and painting, oil change, transmission repair et al. You don’t want to involve too many hands when it comes to fixing your car.
Finding the right mechanic or workshop:
To find the right and experienced mechanic or a good car workshop one should mostly rely on the references given by the trusted people around you. Friends, neighbors and relatives might help you in finding the experienced and skilled mechanic for your car. Even at times a small workshop might have the experienced and qualified mechanic working with them. So look around for affordable and reliable workshops and mechanics for your car.
Know what services you need:
One must be clear about the services which a person needs and the same should be communicated to the mechanic, so that he clearly understands the problem and can rectify it to your satisfaction. Provide him with all the information, so that he can identify the problem area easily. Let him know if any part is troubling you, or needs a repair or maintenance.
Estimate the Cost:
Ask your mechanic or the workshop to provide you with a written estimate before getting work done. This will help to avoid any trouble. The estimate should include all the services that would be provided. It should include all the work done. It should include all the parts that need to be repaired or changed.
Ask your mechanic to seek your permission before undertaking any other kind of car repairs or maintenance other than mentioned in the estimate, so that you are aware of any extra charges that the mechanic may charge.
Replacing of Parts:
Make sure that that the mechanic or the workshop mentions the replaced parts in the invoice or the estimate bill. They might try to overcharge you or may replace original parts with local parts. Also, make sure to ask for the warranties of spare parts replaced.
What if you are not satisfied?
In case you are not satisfied with the services, you should discuss your concerns with the mechanic, and ask them to try and fix the problem. You should give them a chance to fix the problem and explain the cause to you. If after repeated attempts, you are still not satisfied with car repair services, you are entitled to a refund of your money. If the shop or the mechanic refuses to do so, you can file a case against them for cheating.