Male “Beauty” Revealed
The Beauty Expert, Donna Fay, gives you the scoop on skincare and grooming for men, without feeling like one of the “gals”
The Beauty Expert, Donna Fay, speaks about how when it comes to skincare, beauty products and grooming, it may not be so unusual to see more men take extreme interest. At first, the term ‘metrosexual’ was not used by a lot of men willingly. But now, it’s 2015 and it seems that it has become socially acceptable for men to become more interested in looking younger and more attractive, without being labeled with a negative stigma.
With all of this talk about plastic surgery, it had to have started from something smaller – let’s just say, an increase in men buying skincare items. Studies have shown that men are willing and likely to use their partner’s lotions and potions for luminous skin.
26% of men are using their partner’s shower gels and lotions; 19% are admitting to using their partner’s face creams, including acne topical medications and eye creams. And with the latest skincare and grooming line for men and women by MD Face Skincare , it has become socially acceptable for men to take care of their skin without feeling like one of the “gals”.
When it comes to which procedures men are getting, The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery have logged the man hours of research and have been conducting many studies. The most popular or requested plastic surgery procedures men get is – eyelid surgery, hair transplants and chin liposuction! Donna Fay, “The Beauty expert” at Pearlman Aesthetic Surgery, says, “People are embracing strong features like ethnic, non-traditional noses.” comes in high on the list as well, but it does not stop there. Injectables are the hottest no-surgical procedure that have men addicted just as much as women.
Embracing what you have means balancing or enhancing natural features instead of drastically altering them. So it seems that the ‘metrosexual’ will become a label of the past, since all men will begin to take more interest in looking better. Of course, looking better “impacts what happens to you in the workplace…some men see plastic surgery as a strategy to boost their company’s bottom line and their own salary,”
What does it all mean? Looking younger and feeling confident in one’s skin is a trend that will surely last and last for men now and in the years to come.
Donna Fay Shares Her Top 10 Male Beauty Tips…
1) Toss Your Razor and Opt for Laser Hair Removal: These days shaving is optional. For silky smooth skin without the razor bumps, laser hair removal is a great option that will keep you hair free for your night out. Go for the pain free/ hair free/ care free more permanent solution.
2) Embrace Self-Tanning: Men should embrace self-tanning, especially gradual self-tanners. According to the Skin Cancer Foundation, “ There is a 5.1 increase in the incidence of skin cancer in Men.” Donna says, “Dudes- Protect yourself!” Daily SPF is essential to your daily skincare regime.
3) Exfoliate: Push Fido to the side. Exfoliating is your new best friend. Exfoliating cleansers and masks are a man’s best asset for cell turnover.
4) Keep Your Lips Soft: Men need soft lips too. Apply lip balm/chapstick and slosh the dead skin from lips with a toothbrush.
5) Don’t Neglect the Brows: Men need to maintain their brows as much as women do. Come to The Park for the shape that’s perfect for your face.
6) Male Laser Lift: Don’t forget about the nuts and berries with our Perfect Lasers. Remove discoloration from ingrown hairs, skin tags, overall general improvement of tone and texture in the area.
7) No Grandpa Eyes: You can have an in-office procedure using Botox and filler. If needles scare you then try Cell Repair Serum to cause cell turnover and minimize lines and wrinkles without irritation.
8) Don’t Forget Your Water and Vitamins: The Daily MultiProtect gives you your daily dose of vitamins and encourages your water intake.
9) Make Sure to Remove Pore-causing/clogging Products at Night: Products like men’s hair gel and sculpting paste can be transferred to the skin and clog facial pores—causing breakouts. It’s important to wash face nightly and you’re your skin a breath of fresh air.
10) Keep Nails Groomed: You don’t need a full-blown manicure but it’s important to keep nails tidy. Keep nails regularly trimmed and filed, and clip hang nails. No biting!