Recognizing and Treating Clutch and Car Brake Disorders
Car brakes and clutch are the two most essential parts of its entire assembly. These two are directly responsible for the safety and performance of the car. Most people take these two car functions for granted assuming they are going to work out just fine each time they are used. It has been seen that most people do not consider it necessary to take care of these individual spare parts or functions, it is imperative to check the brake and clutch for their proper functioning on a regular basis. Most people reporting irregularity in the functioning of their cars admit that they have been facing it since long but did not get the car checked as there was no immediate concern. It is dangerous to avoid such irregularities associated with these two parts. Proficient car brake and clutch services would never skip such disorders and always manage to rectify any one or both of them.
Types of Disorders & their Solutions
1. Car Brakes Disorders:
- Scrappy noise while applying brakes indicating worn out brake pads.
- Faulty brakes, causing the car to swerve abruptly on either left or right side.
- Any kind of shivering and trembling of the car on applying the brakes suggesting changing of brake pads or a damaged disc.
- Soft pedals or unresponsive brakes requiring a thorough and complete inspection by the car brake and clutch services experts.
The above brake disorders can be treated by regular servicing of brakes and other associated parts of the car assembly. A well adept and ideal brake servicing comprises of the following:
- Periodic inspection of the condition of disc brakes and brake pads.
- Regularly reviewing the brake fluid level and the response of the braking system.
- Replacement of rear and front brake pads in case of wear and tear.
- Adherence to safety measures during every checkup.
2. Clutch Disorders:
The Clutch is another essential part of the car that allows the gear shifting of the car according to the required speed. Any kind of disorder with this part of the car may result in low average and damage to the gear box. If neglected for a long time, it can also cause a severe damage to the engine performance. The following are signs of a clutch disorder and call for a thorough inspection of the clutch:
- A slipping clutch that does not engage according to gear changes.
- A burning smell probably caused due to the leakage of fluid.
- A longer press or release of the pedal in order to engage the clutch in comparison to the normal condition.
- Clutch appears to be hard on pressing while changing gears.
Sometimes people associate these clutch problems with low clutch fluids and try to rectify them by refilling the fluid. But in reality it may be more serious than just low clutch fluid level. Hence it is advisable to go through a proper clutch inspection under the expert guidance of car brake and clutch services experts. The identification of the problem and its rectification would comprise of certain aspects like:
- Replenishment of clutch fluid.
- Changing the cylinder of the clutch.
- Inspection of clutch cables and fixing them if required.
Do your car a favor by choosing regular and scheduled car brake and clutch servicing. This is nothing less than a protective medicine and will help in the longevity of your car. Car brake and clutch maintenance are two of the most overlooked but critical aspects of the safety of your car.