The Cost of “I Do” – Wedding Statistics
Wedding season is upon us and Piccolo Trattoria Catering recently released an infographic highlighting some of the costs, facts and other interesting statistics related to wedding catering. If you are you newly engaged or planning a wedding, this infographic will help you determine some of the many expected costs involved with wedding catering.
Wedding Catering By The Numbers
- The U.S. hosts over 2.4 million weddings every year.
- The average wedding hosts 180 guests and costs $29,858.
- 50% of women find planning their wedding more stressful than they imagined, with a reported 11 hours each week spent planning.
- 56% of brides are most interested in providing excellent food at their wedding.
- 20-25% of the average catering bill will be dedicated to alcohol if you opt for an open bar reception.
- The average bride is 29 years old and the average groom is 31 years old.
- 28% of weddings include a desert bar for guests to indulge in, along with the wedding cake!
- The average price spent on each guest has increased from $194 in 2009, up to $220 per person in 2013.
- The average bride spends $66 on catering, per person. This is up from $60 in 2012.
- The number of after wedding parties increased 11.5% in just one year.
- Just behind the bride’s dress, catering and reception location are of top importance during the wedding planning process.
- 20% of couples now choose cocktails that represent their personalities to be served at their wedding reception.
- The average price for a wedding cake is $386.
- The most expensive U.S. location to get married in is New York City, where the average wedding costs $86,916!
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
Jessica Schirripa is the Content Director for the X Factor team. A public relations maven & a rising media personality, she focuses on developing an identity of her own as creator of CoffeeTawkNJ, Hosting on WCTC & WKMB The Buzz builds her audie ...