13 Questions with Caitlin O’Connor
● When was the first time you realized that modeling and being in front of the camera is what you really wanted?
I first caught the modeling bug at age 15 during my high school cheerleading yearbook photoshoot!
● What’s the funniest thing that’s happened to you on set?
I was too shy to introduce myself to a handsome guy working on set of a tv show I was a cast member on so I took home one of the call sheets and looked up everyone’s name on Facebook from the crew until I found him and asked him on a date ️
● What’s one thing most people don’t know about you?
I have two tattoos – both on my hands.
● Did you have to make any sacrifices in order to be where you are today?
I have made many many sacrifices – time away from family, nights spent working on scenes for auditions, weeks and months modeling overseas, many pieces of chocolate cake have gone uneaten as well because I try to stay fit and healthy.
● How do you stay motivated? What is the force that always moves you forward?
Money keeps me motivated; let’s be real. Eyes on the prize. Providing for my family and future children is main motivation.
● Do you ever think of the possibility of a different life? What would your life look like if you weren’t in the modeling industry?
If I weren’t an actress, I would work as a veterinarian – I love animals.
● What are the challenges you have to face as a beautiful woman in today’s society?
Today’s world is crazy! All women face some kind of hardships regarding equality. The modern day feminist and definition of feminism is ever-changing. I think the social and political atmosphere in current events is very interesting for women. The tides are turning for us to take on a more powerful role in every aspect of American culture. Allegations of sexual misconduct and abuse from top leaders in every industry have made a lot of environments more conducive to equality.
● What is the best part of being a successful woman? The hardest part?
Some days I feel successful and other days I feel far from it. The tough part is waking up every day to the same goals; having to work harder and harder to keep up with everyone else.
● There are certainly a lot of girls and young women who look up to you, but who inspires you, who is your role model?
I have many role models. My grandmother raised me and was an amazing woman. Also very much strive to have careers like Kelly Ripa, Halle Berry, Charlize Theron, and Olivia Munn.
● You’re stranded on an island and can only have 3 items with you, what items do you have?
Cell phone, socks, cell phone charger
● If you could choose any actor to play you in the film of your life story who would it be?
● What plans have you got for the near future?
I like to travel the world and 2018 will take me to many new places !
● If you had a chance to send a message to all the young women in the world, what is the one piece of advice you would give them?
Stay firm in your own morality and follow your heart. Chase the dreams and goals that everybody else is afraid to.
IMAGES BY: CALEB CHIC