How to Turn Your Passion for Yoga into a Profession
If you are particularly passionate about yoga, then why not devote even more of your lifestyle to it by becoming a professional instructor in the industry? Nothing is stopping you from embarking on this career path, even with a lack of experience in the field.
To see what you need to do to turn your passion for yoga into a profession, make sure to read on.
Prepare yourself for what to expect
It’s important to know what you’re letting yourself in for before you get serious about your quest to become a yoga instructor.
On a day-to-day basis, you can expect to:
- Teach a range of different yoga asanas and poses, some of which will be quite complex.
- Branch out into specialists areas should your client base request that you do so.
- Go above and beyond meditation and poses to ensure your clients are healthy outside of the yoga studio.
- Be in constant contact with clients throughout the day, even during your ‘off-hours,’ to fit in with their lifestyle needs — this means you won’t necessarily be working from 9 to 5 each day, and your evenings will be eaten into at some point.
Work on a number of skills
Before you seek to earn qualifications and take out insurances, it’s also important that you work on and hone a number of all-important skills. By not doing so, you will, quite simply, not equip yourself well enough to succeed as a yoga instructor.
The skills that you’ll need in this instance include:
- Being able to communicate freely with clients.
- Having the ability to motivate and inspire clients.
- Being an expert listener.
- The patience to be able to bring the best out of your clients, no matter how much they struggle.
- Good business acumen, if you decide to go into business for yourself.
If you’re happy with all of the above and ready to embrace everything that the yoga industry could potentially throw at you, then it’s finally time for you to take the plunge and get qualified.
When it comes to yoga instructor training and development, you should enroll in a course that allows you to focus on a specialist area. Whether it’s breathing, sitting, stretching, or meditations that you focus on, by doing so, you will create a unique selling point for yourself that will help you to market your services going forward.
No matter what style of yoga you seek to instruct, it is imperative that you get insured. This will ensure that you are covered should your equipment be stolen or clients of yours claim malpractice on your part.
When it comes to finding all-inclusive yoga liability insurance that suits your specific needs, beYogi have you covered. With expertise and experience in the yoga world, they will be able to get you the cover you need to embark on your career path in peace. With this kind of insurance backing you up, all you would need to do is focus on ensuring that you provide the best possible yoga instruction to your clients.
If you wish to turn a passion for yoga into a profession, then you need to consider putting the above advice into practice.