Are There Any Other Chemicals in CBD Products?
Something that concerns many people before they take CBD is what is actually in it, what the effects are, and how it will make them feel. It is key that whatever you purchase, CBD or cannabis you make sure it is from a trusted source like Reno dispensary.
The media has been big on the benefits of CBD and what it can do for people. In general, it will cover a few areas:
- General wellness
And after some reading, almost all of the information is positive. Both scientific research and anecdotal reports are glowing. But one question that should be answered is – are there any other chemicals in CBD products? And if so, what are they?
This might surprise most people, but CBD is an excellent source of vitamins. We all know that vitamins are an essential item for a healthy body and mind. So let’s take a look at what CBD can offer you in terms of vitamins.
Vitamin A – plays a vital role in the normal functions of our lungs, heart, kidneys and other internal organs. It is fat-soluble, which is imperative for the function of our immune systems. It can also act as an anti-oxidant.
Vitamin B (B1, B2, B3, B6 and B12) – that is a lot of B vitamins! Many people in recent years have discovered that they are deficient in B12 at a minimum. The whole range of B vitamins help a variety of things:
- B1 is excellent for digestion and linked to our immune systems
- B2 works with other B vitamins to create red blood cells
- B3 has beneficial effects on the treatment of high cholesterol, heart disease and diabetes (and produce stress-related hormones)
- B6 plays a role in hundreds of enzyme reactions
- B12 is one of the more critical activators of proteins
Of course, those are just the basics of each B vitamin, they have a much more significant role and add much more to your body.
Vitamin C – our bodies don’t naturally produce vitamin C, so an external source is a must. Vitamin C aids in the creation of collagen and supports our immune system.
Vitamin D – this is vital for your body to be able to use calcium, which leads to healthy bones and teeth. As well as balancing out the immune system.
As well as all of those, you will find vitamin E in CBD oil too.
Interestingly you will find a range of minerals in CBD oil too. Let’s take a look at some of them.
Beta Carotene – helps protect against cardiovascular disease, and can also prevent and limit the development of metabolic syndrome.
Zinc – Zinc is connected to a lower risk of infections (which is why you will find it in many healing creams). It works with the growth and development of the body’s cells. It also helps convert proteins, carbs and fatty acids into energy.
Calcium – Strong bones and healthy teeth
Iron – one of the most common deficiencies that people talk about. It helps with blood cells, transportation of oxygen and a lack will lead to sleeping issues and exhaustion.
You will also find the following: Selenium, Manganese, Phosphorus, Magnesium and Potassium.
Terpenes and Terpenoids
There is a slight difference between the two.
- Terpenes are organic hydrocarbons
- Terpenoids contain additions that have been altered during oxidation (when the cannabis is dried and cured).
Much like cannabinoids, terpenes bind to the receptors in the brain. This will stimulate various effects. Terpenes are generally known for relieving pain, aiding with sleep, and reducing inflammation. Evidence suggests that terpenes work alongside CBD to enhance their balancing effects. This is known as the entourage effect. Here are the terpenes that you will find in cannabis:
- Myrcene – can also be found in mango, lemongrass, thyme, hops and eucalyptus
- Limonene – can also be found in rosemary, juniper and peppermint
- Pinene – these come in two types, alpha and beta. They are also found in a range of fragrant herbs like parsley, dill and basil.
- Caryophyllene – this one is known to interact with the body’s endocannabinoid system. It elicits the anti-inflammatory response when administered with CBD. Also found in Thai basil, black pepper and cinnamon.
- Linalool – Found in over 200 different plants, this one promotes calm. Unsurprisingly this is found in abundance in lavender.
It is believed that flavonoids possess a natural anti-oxidant effect as a group of plant-based metabolites. Many studies suggest that flavonoids are anticancerous, anti-inflammatory and antiviral. Which means they can aid you in the fight against heart disease and strokes.
When choosing your CBD oils, tinctures and cream, make sure you select a provider that has third-party tested products.