4 Tips For Transitioning To A Flawless Minimal Makeup Routine
Is it possible to have a simple makeup routine that will make you look good? Some people may think that achieving a flawless face with a minimal makeup regimen is challenging, but with the right products and technique, anything is possible.
People have adapted to various changes because of the coronavirus pandemic. From following health and safety protocols to work-from-home arrangements, it’s only reasonable to adopt some changes to your makeup routine, too. Staying at home and wearing a face mask shouldn’t stop you from looking good. However, it’s best to transition to a makeup regimen that’s as simple and hassle-free.
From Complicated To Simple: Tips For A Flawless Minimal Makeup Routine
With some changes to your makeup routine, you’ll achieve a flawless face in no time. Here are some tips to consider:
- Start With Clean, Hydrated, And Protected Skin
Your face is a blank canvas so you must start with cleaning and moisturizing your skin before applying any makeup. It’s very easy for your makeup to wear off if your skin is dry. Use the correct moisturizer for your skin type to keep it soft and supple. Here are simple steps to follow to prep your skin for makeup:
- Wash your face with warm water and a cleanser that suits your skin type. After washing, apply alcohol-free toner to thoroughly clean your skin of dirt and sebum.
- Apply serum to problem areas before putting moisturizer. Wait for the products to dry before applying sunscreen.
- Don’t forget to apply primer. It preps your skin so makeup goes on smoothly and blurs out blemishes.
Because the goal is to keep it simple, opt for multitasking items like Comfort Zone’s products. You can choose products that combine two to three functions to save you time while getting the treatment or protection that you need.
- Reconsider Coverage
Looking flawless doesn’t mean you have to slather a thick foundation on your face. You have to reconsider the amount of coverage that you need. Take time to assess your skin carefully. Is your skin clear and generally free from blemishes? Do you have spots or scars that you need to cover? If you want to achieve a flawless face in a short time, you have to cover your skin only when necessary. Keep these tips in mind:
- If you have clear skin, skip the foundation and use a tinted moisturizer instead. Modern tinted moisturizers are formulated with the technology to adapt to your natural skin color.
- If you have some skin issues that you need to hide, consider using BB or CC creams which not only give your skin the right amount of coverage, their formulas also help fight those pesky blemishes.
- If you need a medium to heavy coverage, you can still use tinted moisturizers or BB/CC creams then use a concealer to hide those blemishes. Every woman should have a concealer that matches their skin color if not, use one shade lighter.
- If you can’t skip the foundation, choose a light, airy formula that matches your skin color for excellent coverage without looking cakey. If you have extremely oily skin, you can use powder foundation instead.
A flawless face depends on how you choose your coverage. Whether you’re using a tinted moisturizer, foundation, or BB cream, make sure the formula suits the climate you live in. And remember to apply sparingly and blend thoroughly.
- Focus On The Eye Area
Whether we like it or not, we’re required to wear face masks to go outside. While it doesn’t mean you’re never going to show your face in public, the most exposed area will be the eye area. Therefore, it’s important to focus on the eye area to achieve a flawless and neat look. These are some helpful tips to achieve this goal:
- The focus will be on the eye area during these times so don’t neglect your eyebrows. Keep them neat with an eyebrow gel. If you need to fill them in, use an eyebrow pencil or eyebrow powder.
- Instead of heavy eye makeup, curl your lashes and coat them with a volumizing mascara.
- Finish Off With Color
The final touches of flawless but hassle-proof makeup are loose powder, blush, and lip color. Dust your face with loose powder and brush thoroughly to set your makeup. You can choose to apply a powder or cream blush on the apples of your cheeks. Finish off with a semi-matte lip color of your choice.
Multitasking products are popular nowadays because the formula allows easy application to the lips, cheeks, and eye area. Flawless makeup always looks good with a hint of color – choose from makeup sticks or pots that do the trick, make your regimen a breeze, and save money on makeup products.
If you’re looking for ways to transition to a minimal makeup routine, you’ll want to choose colors and formulas that compliment your skin. In addition, you should select multitasking products that cut the makeup application time in half. Adjusting to a minimal but flawless makeup routine isn’t as difficult as it might seem; plus, you’ll enjoy more time doing the things that you love to do!