What is the Ideal CBD Oil Dosage for Cats?
CBD pet products are a viral trend in the US. One such beneficial healthcare product made with hemp is CBD oil for cats. You can use this product from different brands to treat a variety of health conditions in your pet.
Before you use such products as a treatment for pain relief in cats, it is crucial to understand the proper CBD oil dosage for cats. Finding the optimum dosage for your cat will take time and a certain level of experimentation.
Read on to analyze and decide on the right amount of CBD oil for your pet to get maximum benefits.
How to Determine the Right CBD Oil for Cats?
The first step before giving cannabidiol products to your pet is to buy a well-known brand. It is essential to buy CBD oil from verified manufacturers.
The product should carry the Certified Seal of the US Hemp Authority or the National Animal Supplements Council (NASC) quality seal. These meet industry-imposed criteria and have passed a third-party audit.
The primary things that you need to consider while buying CBD oil for animals are:
- You can choose a full-spectrum, broad-spectrum, or CBD isolates form of oil.
- You should select cannabidiol hemp oil.
- You should check if the oil is organic and made from pesticide-free hemp.
- The brand should carry a valid certificate of analysis from third-party testing.
Tips to Choose the Right Dosage for Cats
Selecting the perfect CBD oil dosage for cats can be daunting. There are two main factors to consider.
- The weight of your cat.
- The severity of its health condition.
Before you start using CBD oils regularly for your feline friend, it is essential to check if they are allergic to CBD and its variants and how they react to the medicine.
Hence, it is advisable to start with smaller doses. Around 0.25 mg per pound of the cat’s weight is the ideal dosage to start with. You can then slowly increase it up to 0.5 mg per pound of the pet’s body weight.
Once you start the medicine, it is essential to be consistent and regularly track the doses for optimum benefits. You can split the dosage two times per day with an ideal gap of eight to ten hours.
CBD oil takes about 20–30 minutes to start showing effects after it is administered.
Ways to Give CBD Oil to Cats
There are three main ways to give the perfect CBD oil dosage for cats.
- The best way to give CBD oil to cats is to apply it directly to the gums. The method helps to send the medicine directly into the bloodstream and works faster in treating health issues.
- The second way is to mix it with the food. It is a slower process and is comparatively less effective.
- The third way is to rub it on their ears. It is useful when your pet doesn’t like the taste of the oil and refuses to eat it.
CBD oil dosage depends on the brand and each animal’s body weight, diet, and underlying health condition. It is advisable to check with your vet before starting the dosage of a new brand for your cats.