Which HiPP formula to choose?
HiPP was founded in 1899 by Joseph HiPP. He started the company since his wife, Maria Oster, had trouble breastfeeding. Joseph HiPP was a baker, so he tried to find a way to help his child. He started to bake rusks and made his own rusk flour. With the rusk flour, he enriched the milk which then became much more filling. In 1970 rusk flour infant formula was available on the German market and the HiPP brand grew larger. Now, the company’s main goal is to produce healthy, tasty, baby formula from safe ingredients.
MyOrganicCompany carries a big variety of different HiPP formulas, which come in many stages. They have a total of 18 products by HiPP, because each infant is unique and has different nutritional needs and requirements. HiPP has many formulas with specific purposes. With a wide selection of different formulas – your baby will be supported through all their stages of development. When it comes to meeting the specific needs of your baby, HiPP formula provides only the best to ensure optimal health.
So what’s the difference between formulas?
Let’s go through each formula and stage so you could get a better understanding.
The most popular HiPP formula we sell is HiPP – Organic Combiotic Formula, which comes from three different countries, such as, UK, Germany, and Netherlands.
- HiPP UK Stage 1 – Great for babies from birth to 6 months
- HiPP UK Stage 2 – Great for babies from 6 months +
- HiPP UK Stage 3 – Great for toddlers from 12 months +
- HiPP German Stage Pre – Great for babies from birth to 6 months
- HiPP German Stage 1 – Great for babies from birth to 6 months
- HiPP German Stage 2 – Great for babies from 6 months +
- HiPP German Stage 2 NO STARCH – Great for babies from 6 months +
- HiPP German Stage 3 – Great for babies from 10 months +
- HiPP 1+ Years (Germany)- Great for toddlers from 1 year and up
- HiPP 2+ Years (Germany)- Great for toddlers from 2 years and up
- HiPP Dutch Stage 1 – Great for babies from birth to 6 months
- HiPP Dutch Stage 2 – Great for babies from 6 months +
- HiPP Dutch Stage 3 – Great for toddlers from 12 months +
The main difference between German, UK, and Dutch HiPP Combiotic Formulas is the addition of starch and probiotics. The HiPP UK Combiotic and Dutch Combiotik formulas do not contain starch. HiPP Germany has an option for Stage 2 without starch, all other HiPP Combiotik Germany formulas do contain starch.
HiPP also has a lot of different options for more sensitive babies.
- HiPP Anti-Reflux – Great for babies from birth and up. HiPP Anti-Reflux is an organic baby formula designed for infants with acid reflux issues. It offers nutrients they need without artificial preservatives.
- HiPP Special Comfort – Great for babies from birth and up. The HiPP Comfort Special Formula contains special ingredients that have been shown to have a favorable impact on digestive function.
HiPP hypoallergenic formula was specifically developed for babies who show symptoms of a milk allergy or intolerance. The formula contains hydrolyzed dairy, which means that the milk proteins have been broken down into very small pieces, avoiding detection by the immune system and therefore also avoiding allergic reactions.
- HiPP HA Pre – Great for babies from birth to 6 months
- HiPP HA Stage 1 – Great for babies from birth to 6 months
- HiPP HA Stage 2 – Great for babies from 6 months and up
Special features off HiPP baby formula
- Lactose – The only sugar in the HiPP formula comes from lactose, the only HiPP formula that contains maltodextrin is the HiPP Anti-Reflux formula. Most baby formulas contain added glucose as an additional carbohydrate.
- Prebiotics & probiotics – All HiPP formulas contain prebiotics. HiPP Hypoallergenic, Comfort, Anti-Reflux and Dutch (Stage 1 and Stage 2) contain both prebiotics and probiotics.
- Proteins – Most HiPP formulas have a protein ratio that resembles what you find in breast milk. HiPP offers an Anti-Reflux formula and Hipp Hypoallergenic, which contain protein hydrosylates. These formulas are not 100% organic because the hydrolyzed milk protein is not available in organic form.
- DHA & ARA – HiPP formulas have a source of DHA & ARA in their Stage 1 formulas. Since 2020, the quantity of certain nutrients has increased in all HiPP formulas, including DHA, choline and Vitamin D. These polyunsaturated fatty acids are safely obtained from fish and vegetable oils.
HiPP formula is organic, which has more nutrients than standard options. HiPP organic formula is crammed with plenty of antioxidants and vitamins, especially Vitamin E. They also have high concentrations of Beta-carotene and Lutein.
One reason we like HiPP formulas is the large variety they have to offer, you’ll never have to worry about switching from formula to formula. If you are looking for more tips to make your life easier as a parent, don’t forget to check out another one of our articles here.