How to design a mid century modern house – 2023 Guide
Hey there, home design aficionados! Ready to take your modern house design game to the next level? Well, you’ve come to the right place. With this guide, you’ll be able to make all your mid century modern dreams come true! Whether you’re a beginner or an expert in home renovation, this 2023 guide will have something for everyone in order to create their perfect mid century modern dream house. So what are you waiting for? Let’s get started!
Mid Century modern house plans
They have been around since the 1950s, but they have recently seen a huge resurgence in interest from people looking for stylish and classic designs for their home. This style features a variety of key elements, including open layouts, flow throughout the living space, maximum use of natural light to create an airy feel, and large windows. They also incorporate geometric shapes, such as circles and rectangles; natural materials such as wood, brick, and stone; angular lines on furniture; bright colors; and asymmetrical lines for visual variation.
When designing a mid century modern house plan it is important to take into account all these key elements. Start by selecting the right floor plan that allows for maximum natural light exposure with its open layout. Design the walls with smooth textured surfaces that are painted with solid colors or wallpapers in geometric patterns. Choose warm woods such as walnut or teak to decorate cabinets and furniture pieces while adding colorful touches with upholstery fabric and cushions. Pay special attention to creating clean angled lines in furniture design instead of curved silhouettes. Lastly don’t forget about accessorizing your home by adding house plants that would normally be seen in this style.
Key features of mid century modern houses
In mid century modern houses you will see a mix of traditional construction materials utilised in unique ways coupled with contemporary colour palettes. A range of finishes can be used to bring out the elegance inherent in these simple designs. Here are some key features that you should consider when designing your mid-century modern house:
- Incorporation of natural materials: Mid-century modern houses incorporate natural materials like stone, brick, wood, steel and glass for both interior and exterior features. Natural materials like these create a warm atmosphere inside the building while also unifying it with its environment outside.
- Utilise open plan design: Open plan design allows for increased flow within the house by making smaller spaces feel bigger through the visual connection to other rooms in the house. Despite this openness, there should still be pockets of privacy to ensure people have some space to themselves when necessary.
- Exposed beams & columns: Structural supports often become major focal points or decorative elements in mid-century modern houses due to their unique look & style as compared to traditional beams or columns which are often hidden away in conventional homes.
- Horizontal lines & low pitched roofs: Horizontal lines & low pitches roofs on both exterior and interior elements provide an overarching ‘Mid century’ feel throughout your home while simultaneously aiding visibility from inside your home out into its natural environment etc
- Color selection: An important aspect you must consider when designing your mid century modern home is color selection; think muted tones like oranges & blues combined with whites for example which will add further breadth to your home’s character.
In conclusion, designing it is an exciting project that can be achieved with a bit of research, careful planning and creative design. Remember that you don’t have to follow all of the conventions of midcentury style – there are plenty of ways to mix and match classic aesthetics with more modern elements. The important thing is that your finished product is unique to you – and one-of-a-kind! We hope our 2023 guide has helped you gain a better understanding of how to create your own contemporary masterpiece.