Plan a Three Day Trip to Iceland
Iceland is known for its stunning natural landscapes, making it a fantastic destination for nature photography. Here’s a 3-day itinerary visiting some of the most photogenic places in Iceland:
Day 1: The Golden Circle
– Thingvellir National Park: Start your journey with this UNESCO World Heritage site, known for its dramatic landscapes, including the Silfra Fissure.
– Geysir Geothermal Area: Capture the eruption of the famous Strokkur geyser and explore the surrounding geothermal wonders.
– Gullfoss Waterfall: Photograph the powerful two-tiered waterfall, Gullfoss, located in the Hvítá River canyon.
Day 2: South Coast Marvels
– Seljalandsfoss Waterfall: Arrive early to capture the morning light hitting this unique waterfall, which you can walk behind.
– Skogafoss Waterfall: Head to Skogafoss, another picturesque waterfall, and hike up for a breathtaking view.
– Black Sand Beach (Reynisfjara): Explore the striking black sand beach, featuring basalt columns and the Reynisdrangar sea stacks.
Day 3: The East Fjords
– Jokulsarlon Glacier Lagoon: Photograph icebergs floating in this serene glacier lagoon, and maybe even spot seals.
– Diamond Beach: Nearby, you’ll find Diamond Beach, where icebergs wash ashore, creating a sparkling and photogenic scene.
– Seydisfjordur: Finish your trip in the picturesque town of Seydisfjordur, nestled in a fjord and known for its colorful houses and beautiful surroundings.
Remember to check weather and road conditions in advance, as they can change rapidly in Iceland. Also, consider the season for the best lighting and weather conditions for your photography. Enjoy capturing the beauty of Iceland!
← Previous Story The Ultimate Travel Itinerary for Mykonos Island: Uncover Paradise